Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel system basics

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default fuel system basics

switching a v6 to a 414 and from what ive searched i have found the v6 has a return line and the ls1 does not correct??

also if that is true what are the three lines ontop of the fuel sending unit for??
that would be great if someone could hook me up with a basic description of the ls1 fuel system from tank to rail cause its not very clear at this point so any info links or pics you have would be great and yes i read the sticky at the top of the page it was very helpful when instaling the walbro 340 but im still curious as so what all the lines do. thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the vettes 97 and 98 have a return line. On 99 up the regulator is just after the tank so the return line is very short. The third line is for the Evap system. If you have a return line you can place the regulator on the rails and return to stock line. Alot of guys get rid of the evap system (major fuction is to reduce emmission by venting tank vapors into manifold)

Here is a pic of my 98vette with after market rails and regulator with return line.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

evap system is that box setting on the tank correct. i thought thats what it was but wasnt sure. ok so the ls1 f bods do have a return line its just not under the hood. next question you wouldht happen to have a pic of the top of the tank to explain which lines go where would you.
do you have to have a 3 line system or can you just run 2.?

i have a sheet metal intake with rails so im trying to figure out how to run things i dont intend on using my stock lines so i dont have anything holding me back other than lack of knowledge at this point i have the mechanical know how to put it all together fuel systems just arent my area
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

anyone got any more info??

do you need anything other than the fittings for the after market fuel lines??