Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Rails Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Rails Upgrade

I Was Wondering What Fuel Rail AND Lines I Should Get And What Are The Differences If I Go With The Cheap Ebay Ones, And Lines Fittings Etc.i Have A 408 Ironblock Ls1 With A Tnt F2 Nitrous Kit For It With Ford 42 Pound Injectors Racetronix Fuel Pump 90mm Fast Intake If That Matters.so If Anybody Has Experience With This Situation Or Whatever Please Let Me Know.

Last edited by wicked z28; 07-08-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone
Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used Aeromotive fuel rails on my SS and wasnt pleased at all with the fit.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

What Didnt Fit Right,should I Upgrade Any Fuel Lines To The Rails Also Not Sure Of What And What I Should Upgrade At The Same Time With The Rails Etc And What Sizes.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wicked z28
What Didnt Fit Right,should I Upgrade Any Fuel Lines To The Rails Also Not Sure Of What And What I Should Upgrade At The Same Time With The Rails Etc And What Sizes.
All eight of the injectors fit into the intake at sutch an angle that the body of the injector was in a bind angainst the intake.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have used both the speed fuel rails and i am currently running the FAST rails now, havent had a problem with either set and they both come with kits..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Could always use NastyPerformance rails

Nate
Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Nasty Rails.... Looks good and fit perfectly!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Once you get the rails what did you do for a regulator?? Doesnt it get removed with the factory rails?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

If I am not mistaken, the regulators are in the tank for teh F-bodys. The vettes have it on the rails.

I did have to put an after market regulator due to seeing 70 psi on the rails after the rails swap. Before it was 63psi which was too high any how. So, in my case, the regulator was not working.
Here is how I mounted the regultor and originally spliced it in to the stock return line back by the "T" by the fuel filter..

But, it was not regulating at all when adjusting the screw. So, I called aeromotive, they said to disconnect the line where I spliced it in and run it into a bucket whith the car running and see if I can adjust the regulator, and well, i could adjust it no problem.. So, where I spliced in the -6 hose to the stock return line, it was bottle necking it back up to the regulator..

So, I had to get a -6 to -6 fitting and run it all the way to the tank. This is how I did that portion and I can regulator the fuel pressure with a twist of a screw now.. I did it this route as I did not want to drop the tank. Once I put the cut out porttion back on and throw the carpet down, you cant even tell..

Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you have a parts list for the fuel line conversion? I wouldn't mind just running - 6 line from the pump to the rails.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Youll be fine using the stock line from the pump to the rail (unless you are puttin down some serious HP)... I had to use -6 line from the rails/regulator back to the pump as it could not drain fast enough thru the stock line. I bought the nasty rail kit which came with the -6 with a quick connect and the rails with the -6 cross over line as well..

I did not have problem from the tank to the rail, I had a problem from the rail/regulator to the tank. Is that what yo meant?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think so... I am currently trying to figure out how I need to configure this system because I have a supply and return line. For some reason until tonight this totally slipped my mind, and now I am trying to figure out what exactly I need to buy in order to install this setup.

I want to do a direct mount fuel pressure gauge so I was looking at the FAST part# 54028G-KIT which claims to be the LS1 installation kit with the pressure gauge, but what do I do with my return line since I don't see it taken into account here?

Any help would be great.

I will try to get into contact with Nasty to see if he has a kit for me. From what I understand those guys are great.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ws6Extreme
I think so... I am currently trying to figure out how I need to configure this system because I have a supply and return line. For some reason until tonight this totally slipped my mind, and now I am trying to figure out what exactly I need to buy in order to install this setup.

I want to do a direct mount fuel pressure gauge so I was looking at the FAST part# 54028G-KIT which claims to be the LS1 installation kit with the pressure gauge, but what do I do with my return line since I don't see it taken into account here?

Any help would be great.

I will try to get into contact with Nasty to see if he has a kit for me. From what I understand those guys are great.
Yea, Nate at Nasty is awesome... He lent me some rails so I would not miss my dyno/track date.. And when I got mine, I installed them and sent his back.. Cool guy for doing that.

What exactly is the problem? You just want to read some fuel pressure on the rail?

Are you wanting new rails for the bling bling?

I had to get new rails cause I broke my stock fuel rails.. So, I just upgraded.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I figured since I was upgrading the intake for future mods (ATI Procharger) that the rails would be a good idea as well; however, I fear my research has not been all that great in the fuel department. So getting these new rails is a learning experience for me, and is sucks not having a write-up for help.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Yea, these rails with the braided lines will look pretty tight with a procharger and the polished plenum under the hood...

Just start with the nasty rails... It comes as a kit. It comes with all fittings, rails and hose, hardware. I added the rest which is from the passenger side rail on. Its going to come in pieces so you are going to have to cut the -6 line to lenght and put the fittings on.

Maybe Nate will cut to lenght for ya so you just have to unbolt the old rails and bolt the new ones on, thats up to him though.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

So putting together the -6 line with the fittings doesn't require a tool? For some reason I thought it did, but the fittings also look pretty self explanatory as well.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nate helped me out. Thanks for all the info!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Cool... Nate is a cool *** guy! He helped me out alot!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Mia
On The Tree

the low buck way is to use some Mustang fuel rails backwards they are the same spacing for the injectors. All you have to do if fab some mounting brackets for them

Quick Reply: Fuel Rails Upgrade