Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Something isn't right here....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Something isn't right here....

Ok...Wasn't sure if i should post this in PCM section or here, but my car is being a pain lately..
Long story short, sometimes i get in to start it and the best way to describe it is that it's "dry firing" like it has no gas. I've already ruled out a clogged filter, and i'm thinking pump, but after a few minutes/tries...the car will start like nothing is wrong at all. And twice now it's just flat out died going down the road, like a short spurt without gas or something...
Do you guys think this sounds like a TPS (throttle position sensor) problem as opposed to a pump...i'll be slapping a fuel pressure guage on it in a day or so, so that should clear some things up, or make them more confusing.
If the pressure comes up fine, what next? Is there any SOLID way to check the TPS?
Any input/help is appreciated fellas. Thanks.

-Kyle
Old 07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

bump.....anyone? ideas?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What makes you think it's the TPS? Do you have an SES Light.

Check your FP and see what ya got.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Checked it out today and everything turned up a ok. Fuel pump kept up with revving and everything. One of the wires to the coil pack is burnt looking, buddy told me to check that out he thinks it's in the ignition.....Engine seems to have a misfire ( bad shake, non continous. still does it under steady acceleration. ) He thinks it's reverted back to the stock tune after throwing the SES light. (multiple cyl. misfire.)