Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

wow. fuel filters

Old 07-14-2007, 05:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow. fuel filters

ok guys, im running the fuel lines for my engine swap and im using 8an braided line (looks better) from the tank sump to the filter, then 1/2" steel line under the car (braided line is too expensive to put somewhere it wont be seen), but i cant decide on a fuel filter. i thought about going with a random fuel filter for a specific car because they are easy to obtain when i need to replace them and they are very cheap. but i dont like how small the fittings are, seems like it would put a bottleneck on my fue flow.but looking online at aftermarket filters i see them priced anywhere from $20-$100. the more expensive ones advertise great flow, blah blah blah. is there a huge difference? should i just go with a replacement filter from advance auto parts, or a really nice bling bling 50 AN fitting fuel filter?? thanks guys
Old 07-14-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my understanding unless you already have or are planning to go up on your fuel pump the stock size fuel filter works fine . The more expensive filters are just that unless they are for a high perforamnce system for example Aeromotive . Of course their fuel flter goes along with the $500+fuel pump and is the only real reason to buy it though it does look cool .
Old 07-14-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you say tank sump. so your going with an inline pump, if you want to run an inline pump you need a good flowing filter, my one friend bought a "cheep" $30 filter and it wouldnt flow enough fuel to the pump, he ended up burning up his new aeromotive fuel pump, get a good filter aeromotive or who ever use what ever the manufacture tells you to. I have a 10 AN aeromotive on mine right before the pump its a $100 filter but you need it, also if your running an inline pump you might want to think about 10 or 12 line to feed the pump then -8 after that, most inline pumps dont like to suck they only push, you need to gravity feed the pump as much as you can to supply it, I ran a -12 line to my filter and to the pump after that its all -8.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

sorry guys, forgot to mention that pump is walbro 255lph inline

Search this Thread