Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

EVAP Modification

Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP Modification

Ok.. before I hear the "use the search function" this is what I understand.

- purpose of the EVAP
- the solenoid can be removed and line vented

I have seen others just straight connect the EVAP line directly to the intake without the pressure switch that was near the intake manifold. I plan on getting all the parts from Nasty, but I just wanted to make sure that is was ok to take a constant vacuum on that line?

Any help would be great!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would think a constant vacuum on the tank would cause it to suck the tank in (kinda of like sucking the air out of a bottle to squeeze it shut) ive seen it before but that was on a 90s model truck dont know if it has the same affect on our cars or not! I would either leave it hooked up like stock or just vent to outside air!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats what I was worried about, but I have heard others that just straight line it like that and have no problems......... I think I will just spend a little extra cash and run steel braided line and still keep the switch just to be safe that way I still keep function and appearance.

Anyone else want to chime in please feel free.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:57 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish? Getting rid of the switch for a cleaner appearance, or using the EVAP as a return line? If you want to use the EVAP as a return, you have to just let the line coming out of the tank vent to atmosphere. You also have to plug the Tee and connect the hard EVAP line to the return where the previous line from the Tee was going back to the tank.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was primarily for appearance in an attempt to clean up the top of the engine due to the removal of my Fuel rail covers for a FAST 90/NW 90 and FAST Fuel rails.

Search this Thread