Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car running in closed loop

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car running in closed loop

Well the car was fine for a week or so after intake manifold install (ls6). All my mods are in sig, if they matter.

Anyways, my car stays in closed loop, and will not go into open loop. Also daily driving it will studder a little bit, and hesitate. After 15-20 min of driving it goes away, but car is still in closed loop. Maf is reading air flow, coolent temp sensor is working. Im thinking maybe my front 02's are taking a crap? I inspected them when i did headers less then 2 mo's ago and they looked pretty new, but im not sure what else to try. Car is running very rich, smells like gas, and im sure the hesitation is from running super rich. Ive also only gotten abour 110 miles out of 3/4 a tank, i usually get low 20's on avg, so gas mileage is definatly bad. Car has a clean k&n, New iridium plugs, and new msd wires. The only check engine lights on are egr, which has been removed, and blocked off, and no activity out of the rear 02's which are not hooked up....

ANy help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris
Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

egr tuned out of the ecm?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not done any tunning on the car. When i scan the car for codes it had egr, and the rear 02 codes, but check engine light is not on. I dont know if person before me tuned it out, or they are not tuned out. The car has come out of closed loop a couple times, but majority of the time when i throw the scanner on it, even after 15-20 minutes of driving it will be in closed loop, and man does the mpg suck. Could the egr not being tuned out cause this? thanks, Chris