Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Running racetronix without hotwire kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Running racetronix without hotwire kit

SO I installed the pump trap door method all is good but I can't see how to run the wiring without dropping the tank....

Right now with the car the way it is that would be hard to do and there is alot of fuel in it.. I have to take it easy on the motor anyways so would it be a big deal to run this way keeping it under 4500 rpms until the tank is empty??

Also is there an easy way to verify that the 3 lines are connected correctly? I may have the bottom two (towards the back of the car) mixed up.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

On my LT1, the wiring changes were in 2 stages. The first stage was installing larger gauge wires inside the tank. This is easy to do when the pump is out.
The second stage is outside the tank, and does not involve the tank at all.
Best of luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to know the same information for my 98.

About to do the harness install, already have my trap door. Can't drop the tank, need to run the harness.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JHN272
I need to know the same information for my 98.

About to do the harness install, already have my trap door. Can't drop the tank, need to run the harness.
The F98 harness does not require you to drop the tank.
The connectors are right near the diff.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-15-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Lucky, are there supposed to be instructions for the wiring kit? Mine did not come with them. Racetronix could you answer the question I posted????
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You actually should have dropped the tank to begin with when you did the pump install to clean the tank for the new pump, (I actually dropped the tank for pump install, but also cut the trap door once the tank was out for future access) but since you did the trap door method - you can still install the wiring harness without dropping the tank.

The short harness will plug onto the appropriate connectors on the top of your fuel bucket (connectors are different so there is no chance of mixing them up), then your stock wiring that originally plugged into fuel bucket will plug into the appropriate connectors on other end of short harness (again, no chance of mix-up).

You will then have to get the end of the long harness that plugs into the short jumper harness you just installed, up to the top of the tank area at the fuel bucket. It is possible to use a coat hanger. Straighten out the hanger first, then from the top of the tank - push the hanger thru your access door and down between the front of the tank and the body of the car. Once hanger comes out below the tank under the car, tape the appropriate end of the long harness to the hanger, then pull the wires up thru. Be very careful as you pull the connector over the top edge of the tank as the space is very tight. You will then be able to pull the wires till the long harness connector can plug into the short harness.

I then mounted both the relay and Ground underneath an existing bolt that hold the factory brake line bracket in front of rear end on DS. Make sure you grind the paint off body of car underneath bolt/bracket, and clean up/sand both bracket and under bolt head to ensure good contact for ground. Then run the rest of the long harness up to front of car to alternator.

I received no instructions for the wiring harness either - but it is fairly self-explanatory (cept' for the fact that they should tell you to install BEFORE putting the tank back up in the car if you dropped it).

-Jay-
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Lucky, are there supposed to be instructions for the wiring kit? Mine did not come with them. Racetronix could you answer the question I posted????
E-mail support@racetronix.com with your question and someone will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Running racetronix without hotwire kit