Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector Driver questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Injector Driver questions.

I just got a set of Siemens Deka low impedance injectors (55#), but I need drivers. My friend that gave them to me said I could make my own, anyone ever done this?
I have also been told that honda's and Mitsu's run them from the factory and
I coud run 2 of the resistor packs on my car since each one has 1 12v input and 4 output. Anyone ever heard of this? Also what impedance am I looking for, I want to know what I'm doing.
Thanks

Hummer
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummm.. how much power are you making?? those 55#ers are gonna make you rich at idle if you don't have high idle airflow

you want high impedence, i'm running 42#ers delphi/lucas injectors made numbers in sig at 64% duty cycle
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
ummm.. how much power are you making?? those 55#ers are gonna make you rich at idle if you don't have high idle airflow

you want high impedence, i'm running 42#ers delphi/lucas injectors made numbers in sig at 64% duty cycle
Thanks
I'm @ 97%, I've never dyno'd the car but its a bolt on/cam/150 wet shot car.
Theese injectors are FREE, that's why I want to use them.
I also have HP Tuners, thought I could scale them down in the low maf frequency cells.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are much better off selling them and getting the right ones. You are safe right now with the stockers as the nitrous does not tax your injectors.

Nate
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
You are much better off selling them and getting the right ones. You are safe right now with the stockers as the nitrous does not tax your injectors.

Nate
I'm having trouble on the bottle, the car starts popping at the top of 3rd gear.
Fuel pressure is good (Racetronix), solenoids are in great condition, and i'm pulling 4* on 150 shot jets (wet kit). I cant figure out why this is happening, the LM1 says the AFR is in the 19's on the juice but the bottle pressure is right and jetted for 950 bottle pressure and thats where the pressure was when I left the line. Never had this problem on the 125 pills, I double checked my jet sizes 3 time and they are correct for my bottle and fuel pressure.
I pulled all the plugs, they do show a mark on the ground strap kind of close to the base of the plug, I'm told this is a sign of lean burning. None of the ground straps or electrodes were burnt though......I'm stumped.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Thanks
I'm @ 97%, I've never dyno'd the car but its a bolt on/cam/150 wet shot car.
Theese injectors are FREE, that's why I want to use them.
I also have HP Tuners, thought I could scale them down in the low maf frequency cells.
Sell the 3102's to someone with an aftermarket PCM. Pickup a 1% flow-matched set of Siemens high-impedance 63's:
http://www.racetronix.com/L107FM.html

The cost of an injector driver box like the AEM unit (street $300.00) will run you the better part of what it will cost for hi-z injectors.
if you chose to buy the AEM driver box you can run pretty much any injector you want. We have a PnP harness for this application if you chose to go that route.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-17-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks.