Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car seems to be cutting out just a little when going down the road..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car seems to be cutting out just a little when going down the road..

As the title says, I have been noticing that my car (2001 WS6) will from time to time feel like it is cutting out when I am driving at a normal idle down the road. I have had this happen to me a couple of times now and can't really figure out what may be causing the problem. The best way to describle the way it acts is it feels like it has gotten some bad gas, but it has done the same thing on more than one tank of gas and even when I have added fuel treament in with a tank of gas. I have changed the fuel filter in hopes that that could be the problem, but today I was cruszing at around 40 mph with the AC on and I gelt it bump a couple of times. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or could someone please point me in a direction to go to possibly get the problem fixed. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, since this is my only means of transportation and I really don't want to be broken down on the side of the road.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

i am in the same situation as you but mine is so bad it isn't driveable. check your fuel pressure! Mine is only at 10 psi so i have to figure out if it is regulator, pump, vacuum leak, or another kind of leak. Good luck with that
Old 08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I atually ended up getting the car to throw the SES light. I went and had it checked and it was throwing the P0171 code if I remember correctly. After further explanation from people that know more about these things than me it was decided that I more than likely have a small header leak on the right side. So the plan is now to find a place to get the header bolts re-tightened and to go ahead and replace the plugs and wires while I am in there!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

ya maybe change gaskets and replace bolts good luck with that.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

I Am Having The Same Problem The Car Is Un Driveable It Could Also Be The Cam Postion Sensor I Am Going To Change Mine Firday I Will Let You Know If It Fixes It. The Cam Sensor Controls The Fuel Management. Mine Isan't Puting Out Any Codes Eather And It An 01 Trans Am.