Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Another fuel problem...no fuel

Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another fuel problem...no fuel

So ive been having alot of fuel problems lately. Ive replaced my fuel pump, filter, checked voltage at the pump, changed alternator for a possible voltage problem, checked all my grounds, checked fuel pressure...everything I can think of. I've had my intake off and gone through it several times. Ive gone through 3 cans of starter fluid looking for vacuum leaks everywhere. My tune has an immense amount of fuel and whenever I find this problem it will be extremely rich. The deal is when the car starts up on a cold start (open loop) i guess it is the car is extremely rich, unburnt fuel smoke, eye burning you get the idea...once it warms up she goes lean and real lean! Im down a ton of power the car also stutters from a stop every once in awhile between off idle and 2K rpm then its fine. If I go wot off idle it wont do it. Does anyone have other other ideas of stuff I could check? Also this problem arose after I put a set of ported heads on..the car ran AWESOME 2 days before the swap when it was cam only. I thought my power loss was valvetrain related but ive gone through all that...and realizing its fuel issue. Somthing happend between when it came apart and when it went back together.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a ground somewhere? Also, could it maybe be the crank position sensor or the cam position sensor?

Search this Thread