Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Feed line blowing off @ quickconnect

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feed line blowing off @ quickconnect

My russel quick connect is popping off! Fuel pump is a Walboro GSSS340, stock feed line to engine bay then -6AN from the quick connect to Aftermarket rails. No return. Gauge shows 65-67 PSI most of the time. At first it would only do it when I was over 1/2 a tank of gas and now it's doing it daily. The FP gauge used to show a continous 67 psi and now it will dip down to 62 psi under exceleration. I need to get the car tuned but don't want it popping the line on the tuner.

Not sure on the problem. Bad fitting, to much pump(go back to stock pump and fuel bucket), add a return line and FPR?

The car is now a cammed low compression (9.4:1) LS6; it was set up for a turbo but when I was laid off I sold everything before I could finish the project. (why I had the big pump and modded bucket)

Thanks for any replies.
Nick W.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I would make sure the quick connect doesn't somehow have a defect. Try a new one since that would be the cheapest thing first. If that didn't fix it then I would try adding a Regulator with a Return and see if that helps. Just my opinion
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the plastic insert for the quick connect at your local parts store. Sounds like a reg. issue.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i was swaping out my manifolds i had to go with an aftermarket fuel rail set up and my connector where it connects from the fuel feed line from the pump to the line for the rails kept poping off. so a friend of mine had some extra fuel line for fuel injection to hold up to the higher pressure and just put a couple off hose clamps around the two fittings and it held up. you can get that kind of fuel line from any parts store just make sure its for fuel injection or else the hoses for carberator's will burst