Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How do I use a quick disconnect fuel line tool??

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I use a quick disconnect fuel line tool??

I'm swapping out the intake right now for an LS6 intake and I've got pretty much everything off except for the fuel line right before the fuel rail. I have the 3/8" tool to get it off, and I put it in there and tried pulling it off but it's not working. It's just stuck on. Any tips, advice, etc??
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Insert the tool, pull toward the line, then back. It helps seat the tool, might want to put a rag under it too.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Push up with the tool and down on the metal part of the fuel line. Then let go of the fuel line and pull up. I did it for the first time today on my 93 and it took about 5 seconds for each one.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats one of those things you can never get without that tool...push the tool into it and puch the line into the tool then pull them back together and you are done. If you dont puch the line into the tool it sometimes feels like it wont release.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

hmmm, are you sure you need to disconnect anything to make the intake swap? keep your original fuel rail and swap the intake right under it! you really might check this site:www.ls1howto.com explains everything with high res pics
Old 03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
hmmm, are you sure you need to disconnect anything to make the intake swap? keep your original fuel rail and swap the intake right under it! you really might check this site:www.ls1howto.com explains everything with high res pics
That site is a well known one, it never hurts to remind from time to time. I like to remove the intake with the rail and injectors attached, they are easier to mess with on a bench, and I wouldn't want to risk tweaking the rail trying to get the intake out or in, its pretty tight on an f-body.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I use a quick disconnect fuel line tool??