Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Two pumps one hotwire kit

Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Two pumps one hotwire kit

This has probably been asked but I didn't see it when I searched.

Would it be ok to run an 8gauge wire from my battery to my hotwire kit relay and power two Walbro 340's threw the relay using my stock fuel pump power wire to energize the relay? Seems like that would be a lot of amps going threw the relay. I see relays fail all the time at work and I would rather have the relay fail and turn off both pumps instead of just one.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:14 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seriously dude, you wouldn't have even had to do a search to see this thread like 3 down from yours

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/939854-twin-walbro-questions.html
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah well, instead of reading everything on the first page of this section I searched the topic and read for about 30 minutes without finding the answer. I have other things to do. Its a lot easier for me to spend 60 seconds typing this and get the answer the next day.

I see that they suggest using seprate wiring for each pump. Is it the relay that can't handle the load? I could run some big wire to the relay and from the relay to the pumps. I can understand if the relay itself can't handle the load but I want to make sure that is the reason this shouldn't be done. I would feel a LOT safer using one relay for both pumps. That way if I have a failure I will loose both pumps and not just one...which could be very costly with my setup.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you should be fine man, but if you want to be safe just upgrade the relay to a higher amperage unit.

Search this Thread