Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need quick help with moser 12 bolt!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help with moser 12 bolt!

hey everyone...i just started to button up my 12 bolt and get it bolted back in the car and im having a few problems

the problem:

torque arm wont line up..bottom bolts are in but top bolts are off by approx 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

the facts:

all stock suspension with the heater hose mod....we have tried to let the suspension down and jack it all the way up and neither way seems to do the trick

ideas:

it has LCA relocation brackets and we have the stock LCAs bolted to the middle hole right now...it seems the carrier needs to rotate forward from the top...do we drop the LCAs down to the bottom hole..

any help will be greatly apprieciated...

thanks
mike
Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

When i did my first rear end,,i had to use a lonnng pry bar to force the TA so the holes would line up right,,then i had a hell of a time gettin my tools up there to tighten them down....

The second time i did my first rear end (sounds like that ol cheech and chong skit) i put the rear on a floor dolly, and put the TA on the rear end while it was on the ground,, then wheeled the the assembly up and under the car,,,all by myself. This method proved to be MUCH easier to not only get the TA on the rearend, but to fully tighten those bolts.

hope this helps
Old 10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

cool...that definatly helps..it just sucks that the things is completely in place minus the TA right now...i think the pry bar is in effect...if that doesnt work then i guess we will loosen everything up...thanks man!....anyone else have any experiences like this?

mike
Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

yeah, i think i used a 3 footer, and it made light work of getting it on there,,i was trying with a rubber mallet,,lol,,,there was just no way that was going to get it to go on.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
When i did my first rear end,,i had to use a lonnng pry bar to force the TA so the holes would line up right,,then i had a hell of a time gettin my tools up there to tighten them down....

The second time i did my first rear end (sounds like that ol cheech and chong skit) i put the rear on a floor dolly, and put the TA on the rear end while it was on the ground,, then wheeled the the assembly up and under the car,,,all by myself. This method proved to be MUCH easier to not only get the TA on the rearend, but to fully tighten those bolts.

hope this helps
That is the best way to do it, and sometimes a little grinding needs to be done on the torque arm to get it to fit correctly. Much easier when done out of the car! Bob

Search this Thread