Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question

I tried looking this up and didn't find a answer.

I took my car and had the tires mounted on my rims today. I went to pick it up and started to pull forward and I felt something binding. I stoped right there in it and had them come out and look. They took the tires back off and said everything was fine. One of the workers got in the car and drove it in the parkinglot. The car was making a horrible grinding sound. I made him stop and he got out and said he had herd it. I was like you think!!!!

What it turned out to be is a stud on my driver side rear had backed out when they did the tire swap. The idiot had drove the car with a stud backed out. This bent the stud and made it impossible to repair. I hope this has not hurt my rear end. They cut the stud of from the back so i could drive it home.

My car has a 9inch Moser in it. I am not sure if it is press in or threaded studs. What will I need to do to replace/fix this? Once I start is there anything I need to be looking for that the old stud could have broken when it worked itself out?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it was making a horrible noise, you'll have to check to see where the stud was rubbing for damage. I doubt it hurt anything too seriously as you're driving it now. You'll have to look at what is left, but I would imagine you have 12mm pressed in wheel studs. Bob
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The studs are 1/2-20 screw in type. 3'' long. I plan on working on it this weekend.