Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Possible clearance problems with dana 60s using girdle cover on lowered cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible clearance problems with dana 60s using girdle cover on lowered cars

I was contacted by the shop that I bought my Strange 60 from asking if I had clearance issues with my gas tank. I have yet to install my Stranos so I don't have the problem. I thought that I would post this because I have yet to see this issue come up in the forum. I was told that on lowered cars Strange has heard that owners (that have lowered cars) have found that the girdle is wearing on the tank. Thought that I would pass this along.

To those that are looking to the S60 as a possible replacement I still STRONGLY recommend this over the 9 inch and wouldn't even look to a 12 bolt as an option. To avoid the wear issues on lowered cars simply don't option for the girdle as the stocker is strong enough. Maybe Strange can chime in on this as I would like more info on this possible issue as well.

Semper Fi
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

listening.......definately looking into S60 SOON!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't have any issues on stranos and the regular s60 rear cover. i had the car even lower than the strano setup and no problems with the rear cover and tank rubbing.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by caliswangin916
i don't have any issues on stranos and the regular s60 rear cover. i had the car even lower than the strano setup and no problems with the rear cover and tank rubbing.
Not the black Strange girdle huh? I was told that the stock chrome cover that came with the s60 was just fine. Didn't know if I needed to change yet or not.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the black one in this pic. i'm pretty sure i don't have any issues with it. and last time i was under the car(long time ago), i think i saw that there was a lot of clearance for the girdle cover. i do have lca relocation brackets as well. not sure if that made any needed difference.
Attached Thumbnails Possible clearance problems with dana 60s using girdle cover on lowered cars-hhhh.jpg