Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

pull-a-part salvage yard ford 9"

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question pull-a-part salvage yard ford 9"

I have a 2000 t/a m6 with the stock 10 bolt and want to upgrade to a ford 9". the yards around me have rear ends for sale for $50. does any one have a write up of what all needs to be done to mount it under my car? i would like to have traction control if possible and i have to have abs. the machining is no problem as i am going to a nascar college and have access to a full shop and have friends that own shops also. would a 12 bolt be a better idea or no?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is most likely your best way to go. Buy the Moser housing and axle package which comes with the bearings and the torque arm bracket, lower control arm brackets, etc.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116
You can then use the center section from the $50.00 rear. Bob
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IKnowtheFuture
I have a 2000 t/a m6 with the stock 10 bolt and want to upgrade to a ford 9". the yards around me have rear ends for sale for $50. does any one have a write up of what all needs to be done to mount it under my car? i would like to have traction control if possible and i have to have abs. the machining is no problem as i am going to a nascar college and have access to a full shop and have friends that own shops also. would a 12 bolt be a better idea or no?
I think this "nascar college" would have all the info you need.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
This is most likely your best way to go. Buy the Moser housing and axle package which comes with the bearings and the torque arm bracket, lower control arm brackets, etc.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116
You can then use the center section from the $50.00 rear. Bob
Excellent, thanks for posting that info up!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump TTT
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

TTT for what?
A rear with no torque arm mount WILL NOT WORK.

Now...if you get your crew of buddies with their garages and this 'nascar school' (whatever the hell that is) all in one room I am sure someone can cut the brackets off an f-body rear and properly position and weld them on a junkyard 9"
Then since the whole 9" case is steel they could carefully position and weld torque arm mounts to it.
Then you can cut the ends off, properly position and weld f body ends on, buy new axles compatable with ABS if it's a four channel, swap your brakes onto it.

Notice how many times I used properly?
Handing $50 over for a rear is nice and easy, bolting it properly to the car is a whole other story.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by All Black SS
TTT for what?
A rear with no torque arm mount WILL NOT WORK.

Now...if you get your crew of buddies with their garages and this 'nascar school' (whatever the hell that is) all in one room I am sure someone can cut the brackets off an f-body rear and properly position and weld them on a junkyard 9"
Then since the whole 9" case is steel they could carefully position and weld torque arm mounts to it.
Then you can cut the ends off, properly position and weld f body ends on, buy new axles compatable with ABS if it's a four channel, swap your brakes onto it.

Notice how many times I used properly?
Handing $50 over for a rear is nice and easy, bolting it properly to the car is a whole other story.
Well said. This question has been asked a thousand times. If people would just look at a stock F body rear and brackets, and look at a 9" with brackets for leaf springs on it, then use a little logic, they wouldn't even think about it. Most stock 9" rears would need narrowed also. It's not a job for an amature.