Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what is trutrac

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is trutrac

bout to order a new rearend and just wondering what is trutrac
Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search the web for a detailed answer. In a nutshell it's a differential that uses a gear syestem rather than clutches to provide traction to both rear wheels. I have one in my 9 inch and it works well. A good way to go for a street driven car.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 T/A 984
bout to order a new rearend and just wondering what is trutrac

DETROIT TRUETRAC TORQUE PROPORTIONING DIFFERENTIAL
The Detroit Truetrac is the first gear type limited slip differential in the industry. Its’ patented design of parallel axis planetary helical gears provide a quiet, automatic splitting of torque. Power transfer goes literally unnoticed by the driver – even in front wheel drive axles.

The Detroit Truetrac performs like an open differential under normal driving conditions and automatically transfers torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant. The limited slip responds instantly to torque feedback, anytime, at any speed.

Available for 12 Bolt Chevy cars, Ford 8.8 rear ends, and Ford 9” applications, the Detroit Truetrac’s proven design, low cost and effective performance make it the choice of off-road, street, and strip enthusiasts everywhere.

I recommend the Truetrac for up to 600 rwhp. Bob