Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab9 vs. m9

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Midwest Chassis & Performance fab9 vs. m9

I am planning on getting a rear end in the next few months and want to know witch one will be best for me. Right now the car is a making 420 on a sticky mustang Dyno and will have a 150 shot on top of that. When I get the rear I plan on taking the car to the track a lot but I will also be driving it on the street a lot. The car is stock suspension right now. I plain on having the rear narrowed and running a 17x11 rim with a 315 dr and I think I've decided on a spool. I want this rear to be able to handle what ever I plan on throwing at the car down the road (maybe a 408 with an F-1A???). I was thinking of going with an s60 but I think I might save in the long run by just getting the rear and torque arm as a package + the weight savings. I am on a limited budget but I want to do this right the first time
Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Both the M9 and the MWC fab 9 are both good rears, I would call them both and see what the cost is. I have not seen to many complaints with either one. I have a MWC 9 and it is a quality piece, I have seen the M9 and it looks like quality work to.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

if you call and talk to eric(mwc9) he will say it is a very street able rear end.

now a while back. bob form epp said that the M9 is a very track rear end. and if you call moser(M9) they will say it makes road noise.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moser does not want people buying the M9 rear for street use, then calling and complaining that the torque arm is too noisy. I have sold M9's for street use though, with my customer's knowing there may be some associated noise that comes with the torque arm, and I haven't had any complaints other than, yes, there is some noise.

We have the M9 in my car, and we have given it plenty of abuse. No problems at all. Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My MWC 9 drives no different then the 10 bolt I had, no issues with additional road noise. I have some gear noise but that has nothing to do with road noise issues. The rear did not change the handling of the car or street manners; I have a Trutrack in mine w/3.70 gears.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Moser does not want people buying the M9 rear for street use, then calling and complaining that the torque arm is too noisy. I have sold M9's for street use though, with my customer's knowing there may be some associated noise that comes with the torque arm, and I haven't had any complaints other than, yes, there is some noise.

We have the M9 in my car, and we have given it plenty of abuse. No problems at all. Bob
Looks like you have a traction issue with your rear I love that picture
Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

^^^^lol that pic has been my desk top for the last 3 weeks

nose is not an prob with me at all I have long tubes, ory, and LM1s with an ms4 111lsa. I highly dough ill be bothered by a little noise. I'm looking for something strong that I will never have to worry about again.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you are headed in the right direction with either one....
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moser is making am extremely stupid marketing decision with the M9, if its true that they do NOT want folks buying it for street use. Obviously the M9 and the Midwest fab9 (which I have) would work great on the street, but the tubular torque arm will amplify road noise and gear whine just a bit. Moser and its resellers like EPP should just further emphasize this to the customer so they understand and are good with it. Both are excellent products but it has been proven that the Midwest all things being equal is cheaper if cost is a concern.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are great rearends, i think you will find more people running the Midwest, I cant speak much for the M9 but the Midwest is awesome, my money was well spent.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab9 vs. m9