Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am Telling you that the only thing you need different for the 4 channel is axles. Moser and strange can make a 4 channel axle they just need to know when they are making the axles. And it usually cost abour $100 extra to do.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like my housing is shipping out today. Hopefully it'll show up before the weekend so I can prep it for powder...
Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Sounds like my housing is shipping out today. Hopefully it'll show up before the weekend so I can prep it for powder...
you better be posting some pictures when you get it! this way itll help me decide what rear to get
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
you better be posting some pictures when you get it! this way itll help me decide what rear to get
You can count on that. I'll be taking pics before and after powdercoating. Just got my center section back from powdercoat yesterday. Now I can work on setting up the gears.

From everything I've read about this housing, I made the correct choice.

Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 inch

i just bought a housing from quick performance and just wanted to say that its awesome. i got it in 3 days and got the axles the next day. they are great people and should really advertise on here.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Are the clips there?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

this threads really making me want one.....
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

quick performance is a dirt track compnay. they suck on the street. i have three buddies with mig 80 g-body rear ends from them that have all broke welds.

quick performance sucks
Old 03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Well that's the first bad thing I've heard about them so far, and it's for a different chassis. Too bad and it's third party info. I think every company goes through a learning curve. Hell when Moser first introduced their 9" housing way back in the day, the TA bracket had some bending/breaking issues as well.

All I know is that the fitment of the QP housing seems to be great from everyone that has posted up that actually owns one. These QP 9" Fbody housings have been on the market for almost two years and I haven't heard of any complaints at all from the Fbody crowd. I plan to push this housing into the 10's and eventually into the 9's, so only time will tell how it holds up.

Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Made some progress on the center section today. Got the case back from powdercoat and started setting up the 3.89 gears.

Mike
Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
quick performance is a dirt track compnay. they suck on the street. i have three buddies with mig 80 g-body rear ends from them that have all broke welds.

quick performance sucks

ok i let me retrack a little bit.

when i got my 9in it was from moser. they two guys got g-body stuff at the same time. one sent the g-body back and go a moser g-body cuase welds looked bad. and missed some welds on the set up. the other one broke his weld on the end of the axle tube where the bearing sits. and the 3rd one i talked about is a hear say form my friend. he said he got it from there and he broke same welds.

brydon, i didnt mean to slam you guys. just telling the truth.

mine is a f-body moser,
friend "a" sent Your g-body back due to welds and got moser
friend "b" keep it. and broke welds on the bearing plate. after about 8 launches.
and friend "c" said he bought from you, never seen invoice but idk

so sorry if i cam across bad to you and the people that see this thread. just want to tell what i have seen.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine out to the track the other weekend I have 16 timeslips, I ran a bunch of 8.40s on the motor and 7.70s on the spray, drove the car up to the track, and back home. No problems here, me shifting the 6 speed now that is another story , I sure hope my tick adj mas cyl fixes that.
this is my firsthand experience.

in about a month I will be doing my H/C swap with the ported fast 92 setup, and Upping the spray from 125 to 175 and I can Honestly tell all that I have no worries about my rear. the Ram clutch I aint too sure about tho!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
ok i let me retrack a little bit.

when i got my 9in it was from moser. they two guys got g-body stuff at the same time. one sent the g-body back and go a moser g-body cuase welds looked bad. and missed some welds on the set up. the other one broke his weld on the end of the axle tube where the bearing sits. and the 3rd one i talked about is a hear say form my friend. he said he got it from there and he broke same welds.

brydon, i didnt mean to slam you guys. just telling the truth.

mine is a f-body moser,
friend "a" sent Your g-body back due to welds and got moser
friend "b" keep it. and broke welds on the bearing plate. after about 8 launches.
and friend "c" said he bought from you, never seen invoice but idk

so sorry if i cam across bad to you and the people that see this thread. just want to tell what i have seen.
Well, I'm not Brydon, but I bought my housing from him and I also received a receipt.

That's fine, and I understand you're just stating your opnion. But, I have to wonder how long ago this was, and how much has changed with QP. The reason I say that is because I received my QP 9" housing today and all the welds are freakin' amazing. Obviously things have changed since your buddies got their housings. Check these out.

I saved the best for last. Check out the inside AND outside welds around the LCA mount.

Also, notice the bead weld down the length of the shock mount. Yes, that is a weld. I had to double take on it because it looked like one continuous piece of metal. No gouges in the weld, no spatter, just a perfect bead all the way along that 90 degree edge.

Mike
Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

it has been about three 3years. since the were ordered. and those up above look 10X better then three years ago.

brydon if ou are welding all the stuff that good. then you shouldnt have a problem with the welds in the future
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

those welds do look real nice. im a welder i should know :p that almost looks like its stick welded. but its probably done with a mig. im glad you posted those pictures Mikey 97Z M6! now i dont have to worry about the welding on this rear
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like a great product, I was checking out there website a few days ago. Broke my 10 bolt last week. I am thinking about going with this setup.

Matt
Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Well does anyone know if all the mounting clips are there or do you have to come up with your own stuff? This is important
Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what mounting clips are you talking about, if you are referring to the brake line clips, NO. most of the other stuff is bolted to the stock rear you just put it on the new one. Except the e-brake bracket, I had to cut it to fit the far superior LCA brackets.

Also I want all you guys to know, after putting this rear in and flogging the car, I had terrible wheelhop, to cure it I had to purchase LCA lowering brackets ($70) from spohn. before the brackets the LCA was pointing upwards instead of downwards. The brackets fit fine, I fit and welded them on in about an hour, also put a set of QA1 12 ways on it, and the wheel hop was gone. This is a common thing with the mosers too. I dont believe the shocks cured the wheelhop , the brackets did, I just wanted the shocks for the track.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
Well does anyone know if all the mounting clips are there or do you have to come up with your own stuff? This is important

Mine did not come with the mounting clips for the brake lines, but that doesn't mean they can't be added very easily. Call up QP and ask if they can. It would real easy to add them. The stock 10 bolt just has a metal tab welded on and then bent over the line.

However, this housing includes a fill plug at the top, as well as a drain plug at the bottom. This comes standard on the QP Housing, but is an extra cost on the Moser unit if I'm not mistaken.

MIke
Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RARON455
what mounting clips are you talking about, if you are referring to the brake line clips, NO. most of the other stuff is bolted to the stock rear you just put it on the new one. Except the e-brake bracket, I had to cut it to fit the far superior LCA brackets.

Also I want all you guys to know, after putting this rear in and flogging the car, I had terrible wheelhop, to cure it I had to purchase LCA lowering brackets ($70) from spohn. before the brackets the LCA was pointing upwards instead of downwards. The brackets fit fine, I fit and welded them on in about an hour, also put a set of QA1 12 ways on it, and the wheel hop was gone. This is a common thing with the mosers too. I dont believe the shocks cured the wheelhop , the brackets did, I just wanted the shocks for the track.
Funny, I was talking to Spohn today about some LCA relocation brackets before I even say this post of yours. LOL.... I need to order a set of these before the housing goes to powdercoat.

Mike

Quick Reply: Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing