Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Anyone run into this??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run into this??

So i swapped my stock 342's in my stock 10 bolt to 410's and now that block that holds the axles and c clips in wont fit??? so i grinded down quite a bit and it still dont fit??? is there a too far ?? it looks like its hitting the axle tips and not letting it fully engage all the way in???please help me asap??? Trying to have car done by tonight
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

With the c clips in, pull each axle outward, then there should be enough room...

The block is supposed to stop the axles from moving inward, because if they move inward there is nothing preventing the c clips from popping out.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 209ryder
Anyone run into this??
Only people that install 4.10's in 7.625 rears (there are others too).
you need this http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/pakize4gead.html
or you need to grind the ring gear or the block to get it to fit.

Thats just how it works. You put in a smaller diameter pinion gear, it needs a thicker ring gear, the distance from the ring gear teeth to the pinion gear centerline is not going to change. Neither is the distance from the slot that the block goes in to the ring gear teeth.
In other words the ring gear teeth move toward the center of the rear, blocking the torsen thrust block, or the auburn, eaton, etc cross pin.

Same thing I said in this post earlier. https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...posi-unit.html