Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

drivetrain vibration opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question drivetrain vibration opinions

Well I have been chaseing down this problem for awhile.Heres my suspension mods I have adjustable tq arm adjustable panhard non-adjustable lower control arms and qa1 shocks with stock springs.My tq arm is adjusted to -2.The vibration I'm having is ever since I installed my 9inch this vibration happens on the decel.It vibrates the hell out of my center console.Know I'm thinking it my be my driveshaft not in the trans far enough.I noticed when I installed my rear the rear seats back further about a inch or so.Is there a possibility that I need adj lower control arms to move the rear forward and that would put the driveshaft further into the trans and that could solve my vibration.I also have a stock length spohn driveshaft and its a 6speed car.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the rear centered in the rear wheelwells? If it is to the rear, which a lot of them are from the factory by .5, then moving it forward by using adjustable lower control arms should certainly help out with your vibration. If the rear is centered, then the next step would indeed be a one inch longer driveshaft. Bob
Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear is deff pushed further back towards the rear bumber since I did the 9 inch swap. So I guess my next step is to buy some adj lca's. Thanks for your input
Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spike30th
The rear is deff pushed further back towards the rear bumber since I did the 9 inch swap. So I guess my next step is to buy some adj lca's. Thanks for your input
You're welcome! I have seen a lot of stock 10 bolt cars with the rear towards the back. Normally it wouldn't be noticed unless a pair of larger 28" diameter tires are installed. Bob