Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

differential problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation differential problem

Two saturdays ago I had my car worked on by a local shop to change the right rear axel and seal. It had a terrible leak and was making noises.When they fixed it they forgot to put the modifer in the diff. I ran it for about 170 to 200 miles. I took it back on monday.(last week) I posted here that only when turning it would make a grinding sound . I was told by one of our LS1 TECH bros that I needed the modifier so I went to the local shop and told him. He had no clue,he said only ford took modifier. He called the GM dealer and they told him that the diff needed the modifier so I went and picked it up. We put it in the modifier. Oh yea,I almost forgot that he over filled it the first time. Instantly it felt better. Now a week later(today) it sounds worst than ever. Not only when you turn but even going straight it makes a terrible grinding noise. I'm going to take him the car again but I need to know what I'm talking about.So what do you think is the matter? PLEASE HELP!! THANK YOU
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I really need your help. I have no argument. btw my car came with the G80 code (torsen diff ) what damage could I have done to it?

Last edited by stealth_bird_346; 04-09-2009 at 11:24 PM.