Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

going...going...gone??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going...going...gone??

alright so i was home from school for spring break this past week. i havent driven her since august so you can imagine how damn excited i was to drive her. some of you may know from my posts that my rearend is starting to suffer a slow, miserable death but i think it taunted me with it the other night.

im almost entirely sure that the gear is slipping now and that is the cause of my problem but ill tell you the problem before i mock up a "solution"

so i had a 373 gear installed last summer and it never felt right...things got worst and well the car got sluggish lets just say....so im out driving the other day and i get on it a little bit and i notice that as im coming around 4k rpm, it suddenly jumps to 5k (as if i pushed the accelerator down in neutral...like you would "rev" it)...is it just like im thinking, gear is worn down and now just hanging on by a thread? let me know what you guys think...the problem will be solved come summer but i just want to know what you more experenced fellows think it is...thanks guys i appreciate it
Old 04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

auto trans??? sounds like the tranny to me.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed, its not real possible for a rear end to slip in that manner.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

dam, i really did not look foward to seeing these posts, though i appreciate it. i just thought the gear could bbe worn down from a bad install. thanks guys