Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > Gears & Axles
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Gears & Axles
Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana
Sponsored by
JawsGear

4.11 rear end gear messes up speedometer and odometer?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Default 4.11 rear end gear messes up speedometer and odometer?

my speedometer and odometer are off now because of the 4.11 rear end gears i put in my 2000 trans am ws6 6 speed. i am not sure how to fix this without buying a 300$ computer programmer. is there a VSS sensor on this car i could just replace to get both the odom and speed to read correct? if so where can i get this at? any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
eb2phkingood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 88

you need to find someone local with hptuners or another tuning program....i paid full price for a tune when i got my stall converter with the understanding all retunes would be free as long as i paid for the gas for him to drive down. Tuned again for the cam, and in about a week to tune for gears and an injector swap. you need to find a set-up like that.

01 SS Rally Red A4 #4987, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 99 Cadillac STS-SOLD
01ssreda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #3
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 1

You don't even need to find someone with a tuning program, any decent handheld tuner can do the trick too. A lot of people have the handheld tuners, I couldn't imagine it would be too difficult to find someone local with one that would hook you up.
HWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
You don't even need to find someone with a tuning program, any decent handheld tuner can do the trick too. A lot of people have the handheld tuners, I couldn't imagine it would be too difficult to find someone local with one that would hook you up.
Handheld tuners are tuned to one vin number at a time, so to get a friend/another local to do this they have to give up the use of the handheld on THEIR car completely in order to change another vin. The previous auto must have the stock tune reloaded to "unlock" the hand held.
Once done the handheld tuner will be locked into the other guy's car and is then usless to the previous individual.
Build #2312 of #2390. GM Date: 3/28/2002 ASC Conversion Date: 4/10/2002 Purchased 5/17/2002 in San Antonio

LSS, BMR STB, TB Bypass, TCS Logic Module, Lid, Mac Diff cover, Omex Shift Light, bolt-on SFC, BMR LCA's, Koni SA's, ARH LT's/ cat-Y pipe, Corsa exhaust, TR-224/112 LCA, 921 springs, & tuning (RWTD). New addition: MWC 3.89 rear
SAE Corrected: 398 hp & 389 ft/lbs torque

Last edited by Weezzer; 04-22-2009 at 11:17 AM..
Weezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 410, 411, change, end, fix, gear, module, odmeter, programer, programmer, rear, speed, speedo, speedometer, trans, transam