Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Posi replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posi replacement?

Well my posi is crapping out. One wheel peels and the whole 9 yards. Dont want to spend 3 grand(CAD equivilence atm) on a 12 bolt right now.

Questions for you guys is,

Which posi unit should i buy to replace it with? Should i buy the gear install kit and replace all that when i change it out?

Only 2 i know of really right now is either eaton or auburn, not really sure of anything else?

Opinions and advice welcome, thanks!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

if you are trying to go cheap, just try to find a used working unit out of another car for cheap and have someone swap it in. then would be a good time to put a better ratio gear in your car if thats what you want.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have a problem spending 6-800 on a new posi, gears, and install kit. Im just wondering if anyone has had better luck with one then the other.

I get mixed reviews on the eaton and the auburn posi's. Figured id ask on her to get an updated review on them if possible.

Ill be changing all this and welding up the tubes on the rear end with my Fasha one the parts arrive.