Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2 Questions after 9" install

Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions after 9" install

Does anyone have a link for bleeding brakes? I bleed them but they still aren't 100%

There is a noise coming from the pinion maybe or that general area and I have no idea what it is. Kind of a squeak with each rotation. Has anyone had this problem and also how tho you set the pinion angle without that tool from BMR? Adjusting the torque arm quites the noise a little it but it never stops fully.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a question for you. did you put it together,if so how far did you press on the bearings
Old 04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHYNO6.0
Does anyone have a link for bleeding brakes? I bleed them but they still aren't 100%

There is a noise coming from the pinion maybe or that general area and I have no idea what it is. Kind of a squeak with each rotation. Has anyone had this problem and also how tho you set the pinion angle without that tool from BMR? Adjusting the torque arm quites the noise a little it but it never stops fully.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4213448.html
Link to bleeding brakes.

Pick up an angle finder from your local hardware store ($4.99 at Sears) to adjust the pinion angle. You could have a u joint that is squeaking, which can happen if a needle bearing is out of place or if one of the caps was tightened down too tight. Bob

Search this Thread