Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Think ima need a 9" help with a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think ima need a 9" help with a few questions..

well this is my first fbody .. but anout the 3rd lsx powerd car ive built ..

im pretty sure im going to need a new rear end in the future . motor and botle should be making well ofver 600+rwhp and torque ..

had alot of questions regarding this ..

im looking into a bullet proof 9"

but dnt knw if i need a 3 -4 channel tcs thing or how much it should be lowerd or anything else to do with it ??

new to the f body and dnt knw much about mine except that the rear end and suspension is 100%

is there any vender i can buy a complete rear and just bolt it in ? not trying to take it to any shops or anything else ..

also what options should i buy it with ? wich spool or splines ? and were can i find the best deal for a complete bolt in rear end . thanks !!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randomnine7
well this is my first fbody .. but anout the 3rd lsx powerd car ive built ..

im pretty sure im going to need a new rear end in the future . motor and botle should be making well ofver 600+rwhp and torque ..

had alot of questions regarding this ..

im looking into a bullet proof 9"

but dnt knw if i need a 3 -4 channel tcs thing or how much it should be lowerd or anything else to do with it ??

new to the f body and dnt knw much about mine except that the rear end and suspension is 100%

is there any vender i can buy a complete rear and just bolt it in ? not trying to take it to any shops or anything else ..

also what options should i buy it with ? wich spool or splines ? and were can i find the best deal for a complete bolt in rear end . thanks !!
Do you have the factory torque arm or is it an aftermarket one? If you have the factory torque arm and you're looking to try to put the power to the ground, the Moser M9 would be the rear I would go with. Here is a link to it. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1324 The M9 comes with a torque arm and a transmission crossmember that relocates the front of the torque arm off the transmission.

For the power you are going to be producing you should be looking at either the locker or a spool. I have these options at the above link.

3 channel means you only have ABS. The connection going into the rear will be on the top of the center section if you only have ABS.
4 channel means you have ABS/TCS TCS stands for traction control, and you would have a traction control switch on the dash. Your connections going into the rear will be outboard by the brakes.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Thanks. Bob