Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My first grear install!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My first grear install!!

I got a used Moser 12-bolt that did not have a ring and pinion. I started off with all new bearings and Richmond (not my first choice) ring and pinion. I got the pinion depth with in .002 and the backlash at .008. Just got everything in the car last night and drove it a few times to put some heat cycles on it. The rear sound real good very very little noise, less than the 10-bolt that just came out. I do have one thing that is concerning me a little, it feels a little ruff now as in I can feel every little pebble and bump in the road. Now I did put my lowering springs back in but I never had this problem with them in the past. I was wondering if the way the T/A mounted to the moser could have something to do with this?

Last edited by 2camaros6702; 05-14-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got home today and climbed under the car and found out why it felt like it was riding so bad!!!! It was the T/A trying to move the tranns tunnel over about 3". I put the stock springs back in and it is SO nice now. I can’t wait to get a few miles on it and hit the track.