Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what size is the spacer in a moser 12bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size is the spacer in a moser 12bolt?

when i noticed the other day that my car has a huge "bang" noise when i hit a pothole, i realized some moron forgot to put my spacers back on that came with the rear end. Therefore it was hitting that box shaped thing near the wheel.

anyone know the size of the spacer?

slightly off topic, but has anyone had their rear installed slightly angled (by a stupid mechanic)? I think that might have happened to me.... either that or i have a toe-in and a concurrent toe-out problem on the other side...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What spacer are you referring to? Bob
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Correct me if I'm wrong but the moser 12 bolt is shorter then the stock rear. So to make up for it, it came with a wheel spacer to clear the rim from the rear. Do you know what that spacer size is?
~Kian
Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hadkin
Correct me if I'm wrong but the moser 12 bolt is shorter then the stock rear. So to make up for it, it came with a wheel spacer to clear the rim from the rear. Do you know what that spacer size is?
~Kian
No, the Moser 12 bolt rear is the exact same width as the 10 bolt unless someone specifically ordered the rear shorter. Bob
Old 07-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
No, the Moser 12 bolt rear is the exact same width as the 10 bolt unless someone specifically ordered the rear shorter. Bob
He is right. They are exactly the same unless ordered as something special. No wheel spacers required.

As far as the axle being angled that's something serious. I can't even think how this is possible unless somethign is bent. It could be shifted slightly side to side but still straight with the car. If that's the case an adjustable pan hard bar could fix it.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Aspacer os required for LT1brakes-I think it goes between the bearing and axle flange. What tq arm you running? If its drilled for a nine inch-make sure your using the correct holes-same one for the 10bolt.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Nevermind-just reraead ans saw that the rear came with spacers-was it narrowed? and a toe prob? you have any adjustable suspension pieces?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

i do remember it coming with some. ohh well. i do hear a smacking noise on the right side, thought it being short caused it to bang on something.

dont know if it was shorted, i bought it off another member. good guy.

my suspension is stock. I'll let you know why its angled when i find out. but its maybe 1 or 2 centimeters off center in the wheel well compared to the other side.