Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Axle Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Axle Noise

I just purchased a used 02 Z28 with a t-56 bone stock have had the car for less than 6 days and the rearend is already starting to make alot of noise that progressively gets worse the faster the car goes wtf? I have got on it some but again the car is bone stock. Fortunately the car is still under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty so it is up at Chuck Fairbanks chevrolet as I write this email, has anyone encountered this problem? I had a '70 chevy pickup with a 30 year old rear end with big block and nitrous never heard a peep out of its rear end. I have set up a couple of rear ends (12 bolt truck) could it be spider gears? could the differential carrier shaft broke? or the little bolt that holds it from sliding out? Do you think the crush sleeve got out of adjustment? What a bummer.[FONT=Arial]
Old 11-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

I bought my car brand new in 99 with the same problem...

Took it back to the dealer and they said its normal.

I searched the net and learned about the GM additive that's required in my cars rear end... lifted the cars rearend, drained it, put fluids in and the gm additive.... all noise went away....

Maybe this weill help you?
Old 11-27-2003, 10:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What Ryabut98 said might fix it.
My car did the same thing with 4k miles on it.Brought it to the dealer and they replaced all the bearings.Problem went away.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Mines making the a clicking noise

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
What Ryabut98 said might fix it.
My car did the same thing with 4k miles on it.Brought it to the dealer and they replaced all the bearings.Problem went away.

I have been in and out of the Dealership this whole week, well, since monday..The dealership keeps saying they don't know what it is?? I thought it was the bearing and they are saying that it can't be the bearings..I'll go in morning and ask them to please replace them. My car has 24,000 miles on it, They tell me it's normal, but I owned a camaro before this and it never made this noise and it had 104,000 miles on it. Was your bearing under 36,000 miles coverage??

Thanks
Landon