Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt gears

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt gears

Right now I have a stock 10 bolt rear end with stock gears. I'm going to upgrade to a 12 bolt and I was thinking of changing the gears to 3.73. I was told that would be a better gear ratio for my car. On occasion I drive down south to Anaheim or up north to Oregon. Will this gear decesion greatly affect the overall driveability and distance driving of the car? Any info will be greatly appreciate. Thank you for your time.

Added: What would a 4.10 gear set do?

Last edited by veloxetmortifer; 10-11-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Wrong stock bolt input
Old 10-03-2009, 07:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veloxetmortifer
Right now I have a stock 9 bolt rear end with stock gears. I'm going to upgrade to a 12 bolt and I was thinking of changing the gears to 3.73. I was told that would be a better gear ratio for my car. On occasion I drive down south to Anaheim or up north to Oregon. Will this gear decesion greatly affect the overall driveability and distance driving of the car? Any info will be greatly appreciate. Thank you for your time.
No it won't, 3:73 gears are a great all around gear ratio. Bob