Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

wavetrack info

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Default wavetrack info

would like to research the wavetrack. who makes it and all that stuff, i have a trutrac and seems a bunch of ppl are breaking them, not going to replace it untill it breaks, so just looking for info if any one runs a wavetrack, otherwise a spool it is
Old 10-19-2009, 05:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lot of info on the Wavetrak at this link. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145 You'll have to scroll down to find it. Bob
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

thanks BOB thats what i needed.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

bob you guys one one yet?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read through all the info and all I will say is this.

When a product is new, its for the most part un proven. Now companies do spend time R&D and money involved to bring customers quality products but until they get enough people buying this product, putting it under HIGH stress conditions, be it on the street or at the track, we do not know the ability for that diff to handle these cars, at a given power level and under a given race weight.

I love it when I read how many people buy a new product, post about the quick shipping, great service, awesome price, or ease of install but put little or no miles on the item or do not subject it to race conditions. Then we get a post 1-2 years later and its "I'm pissed off, the product is out of warrentee and I have been ripped this "XXX" product is BS...."

All that I have heard is a life time guarrentee which for what i under stand is just parts, if someone has all the info if it covers labor and shipping both ways, it be nice to hear.

I spent locally about 600$ for a new tru trac diff and I heard wavetrac could be double..... but again, if any new info is out please post it too. I also spent $$$ on labor, taxes, and meterials which is standard issue but half, if not more of the cost is in labor.

I just have too little faith in new products until they prove that they can handle the stress.

/rant
Old 10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

yes it is about double. it is about 500 over the price of a locker.

idk about the "life time wrrenty" like what it all covers. what i have been told. is if you can show them a broke one. they will replace it. so i guess you might have to pay for ship on your end. but that is a better warrenty then what you get with the true trac.

after mine is up and running i wll write a big post on here about it. i hope to push that 1100 wheel horse margine so i am going to push this thing
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
yes it is about double. it is about 500 over the price of a locker.

idk about the "life time wrrenty" like what it all covers. what i have been told. is if you can show them a broke one. they will replace it. so i guess you might have to pay for ship on your end. but that is a better warrenty then what you get with the true trac.

after mine is up and running i wll write a big post on here about it. i hope to push that 1100 wheel horse margine so i am going to push this thing
Awesome, I look forward to reading that, my issue is labor and all the other "cost" that go into installing and shipping. I do not do rear ends, I could learn but for the times I would be swapping gears or posi's I simply do not have the space or time. But that cost a shop will get me for and to spend that $$$ on a diff is hard to swallow.....

This tru trac (2nd one), is acting like a spool, I think that is what I will be getting very soon.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:07 PM

you dont have to tell me, i just ordered the 2nd tru trak for my car and that is for a 9 inch, and it was $500

but it is what it is...i could not stand the locker
Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

yeah if i break the tru track, i probly go spool, i just want a serious street strip car but like to turn also, thats why i researching the wavetrack,
Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Is this wavetrack available for 10 bolts? Or is this only for 9"? How much does it cost? I went to the above link and couldn't find the price just for the unit.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dom
Is this wavetrack available for 10 bolts? Or is this only for 9"? How much does it cost? I went to the above link and couldn't find the price just for the unit.
pretty sure its they wont make one for the 10 bolt, and price is over a grand, dont put money in a 10 bolt,
Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Correct, the Wavetrac is not an option for the 10 bolt. Bob