Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

stock drive shaft with a moser 9''

Old 10-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default stock drive shaft with a moser 9''

iam about to buy a moser 9'' rear with a locker or spool and i was woundering how to get the stock drive shaft to fit, do u have to shorten it or make it longer and what u joints to use, and how much h/p and torque can it hold, thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monte383sbc
iam about to buy a moser 9'' rear with a locker or spool and i was woundering how to get the stock drive shaft to fit, do u have to shorten it or make it longer and what u joints to use, and how much h/p and torque can it hold, thanks
The stock driveshaft can be used with a Moser 9 inch, if you swap out the rear u joint with a Napa 447 conversion u joint. However, the driveshaft really should be one inch longer although most get by with the driveshaft being one inch too shot. I have had several customers who have ended up with a vibration that was a result of the driveshaft being too short.

The factory driveshaft is also on the weak side. 400 rwhp and a good holeshot can turn it into a wildly spinning pretzel under your car.

Check out this link to my Moser 9 inch rears, with an option for adding the PST driveshaft in the correct length, at a discount from my standard prices.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145

Here is a link to the PST driveshaft that you can order by itself.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=541 Bob
Old 10-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
The stock driveshaft can be used with a Moser 9 inch, if you swap out the rear u joint with a Napa 447 conversion u joint. However, the driveshaft really should be one inch longer although most get by with the driveshaft being one inch too shot. I have had several customers who have ended up with a vibration that was a result of the driveshaft being too short.

The factory driveshaft is also on the weak side. 400 rwhp and a good holeshot can turn it into a wildly spinning pretzel under your car.

Check out this link to my Moser 9 inch rears, with an option for adding the PST driveshaft in the correct length, at a discount from my standard prices.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145

Here is a link to the PST driveshaft that you can order by itself.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=541 Bob
now iam gunna buy a rear from you like this week and i was wounder should i get the stock sway bar tabs welded on or just dont run the sway bar any more, also whats the purpose the the LCA relocation braket for the control arms, and whats the back brace for, i just want to know this stuff before i order, thanks for your help
Old 10-25-2009, 01:44 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

now iam gunna buy a rear from you like this week and i was wounder should i get the stock sway bar tabs welded on or just dont run the sway bar any more, also whats the purpose the the LCA relocation braket for the control arms, and whats the back brace for, i just want to know this stuff before i order, thanks for your help
Cool. I'd use the sway bar tabs, I'd definitely keep the rear sway bar on.

The lCA brackets allow the lower control arms be be moved to a lower position at the rear, so that they are more horizontal with the ground. This greatly improves traction. This use to be a $100.00 option that is now free.

The back brace for the Moser 9 inch is for the hard core drag racers who are running in the 8's and faster at the track. Thanks. Bob
Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Cool. I'd use the sway bar tabs, I'd definitely keep the rear sway bar on.

The lCA brackets allow the lower control arms be be moved to a lower position at the rear, so that they are more horizontal with the ground. This greatly improves traction. This use to be a $100.00 option that is now free.

The back brace for the Moser 9 inch is for the hard core drag racers who are running in the 8's and faster at the track. Thanks. Bob
thanks for your help, you will be hearing from me this week to order a 9'' rear thankyou matt
Old 10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

thanks for your help, you will be hearing from me this week to order a 9'' rear thankyou matt
Sounds good Matt, thanks! Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bob,
Can't you order a 1" longer yoke on the center section? I know of a couple guys on here that have done that or at least thats what they said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stock drive shaft with a moser 9''