Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

? for people with 2.5" wheel studs

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default ? for people with 2.5" wheel studs

I'm curious if any of you have aftermarket wheels, and if you do, what did you use for lug nuts? I want to put Fikses or ROHs on my car, and I'm concerned that I'm gonna have trouble mounting them because of the 2.5" wheel studs.

Those of you that have stock wheels, were you able to get the factory lug caps on, and did they stay? The lugs almost seem too long for them to go on all the way.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ZR1 wheels with 3" studs and just did open end lug nuts in the rear. Doesn't look as perty but I like it. With the ZR1's you can hardly tell I have the long studs. Doing the fronts with open ends eventually so they match the rear. They do have open end wheel locks too. If you really want to keep the bling bling factor, you can install use open ends first, torque them, then install the stock lug nuts over the open ends. I did that last time I took my car to the dealer so they wouldn't suspect I was racing it... shhhh!

Last edited by rodent; 12-08-2003 at 06:18 PM.