Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

odd vibrations at low speed, need help quickly

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default odd vibrations at low speed, need help quickly

coming back from the dyno today i noticed at low speeds my car had a slight vibration like there was a flat spot in one of the rear tires, nothing major but noticable

checked the tires, no problems, so i turned to the rear

checked the fluid level, fine

spun one tire foward with the car in gear, the other tire spun backwards but wasnt smooth at all. very notchy and rough feeling

pulled the cover, everything looks fine and normal, all teeth accounted for, spider gears fine

but it kinda bugs me that it is so rough when i spin the tire over. could this be causing the vibration. it was only at low speeds going straight, everything felt normal in corners and stuff

also is it normal for it to be kinda notchy and not smooth when you rotate one tire one way and the other rotates the other

tia

ryan
Old 12-14-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your wheels and make sure all the weights are still there. Sounds like you could have thrown one.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long shot...but

i had a similar problem and it ended up being a slightly bent axle. Changed rotors, brakes, rotate and balance, alignment chasing it and it ended up being the damned axle. Have someone drive behind you and watch for a slight wobble in either tire in the *** end....
Old 12-15-2003, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well

one of my front tires (m/t sportsman), the tread bubbled off the rest of the tire

so there it is