Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

installing my Moser 9... i got a few questions with pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installing my Moser 9... i got a few questions with pics

I was ready to finally get the rear end up and installed tonight, untill i encounted a minor hold up. Any help will be glady appretiated!

The bracket that holds the Brake line and E-brake line is too narrow to fit over the Moser bracket where the LCA and brake line bracket meets.. Any tips on what i should do next? I tried bending the bracket a little wider but that didnt work..

Second question..
Seems like im also having some issues with my brake lines. The brake lines doesnt seem like they have the right bends to clear the moser. (The brake lines were never bent or twisted when removed from the stock 10 bolt)
What should i do? Bend the lines to make it fit? im confused here...

third question.
I have a 4 channel car. is the pic below a 3 channel setup? If so, can i swap that out to one that has the sensors on there?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For the emergency brake braket, I would just cut off one of those ears (the one farthest away from your hand in the picture) the one bolt should be plenty to hold it. As far as the brake lines go, heres what I did :

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg

basically, the drivers side i left alone. I took some small fuel line cut into 2 inch lengths, then split them so i could fit them over the brake lines (to keep them from rattling or damaging the paint) and then zip tied them to the rear end. as you can see, I didnt re use the bracket that holds the brake line near the calipers. the passenger side line I straightened out completely by hand, then did the same with (in terms of zip tying and such), and then routed over the 3rd member as you can see in the pic.

let me know if you need anymore help man!