Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking for advice on Gears

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for advice on Gears

First off, the main reason I am doing a gear swap is I have a bent axle according to the shop. So while I have the rear-end cover off I want to do my gear swap I have always wanted. I have an A-4 and a motor that makes a wussy 328 rwhp. I am looking to upgrade the motor more later, but in the mean time I want to get this done. I DO NOT have the money for a 12 bolt so that idea is out the window. I am honestly looking for suggestions on a gear ratio and brand. As well as a brand of axles to go with. I drive my car daily, but not much on the freeway so fuel miliage is really not an issue. I probably drive 15 miles a day. Also, if a vendor would like to chime in, I am looking to order the parts today. If you are a vendor who sells all of the parts I would need please send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you. Otherwise, thank you very much for your help in advance.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Jaws Gear here sells gears and rebuild kits. I personally have installed lots of Motive gears and Ratech rebuild kits and I have had very good luck with them. I like the 3.73 for the auto, good all around gear, with a good seat of the pants feeling. Good luck
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks alot for the advice... I was thinking about calling Jaws