Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help! Help! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Help! Help!

heres the deal. having a buddy of mine called me who is putting my new gears in. he told me something is fucked up bc he had to shim the **** out of the driver side making it to where we couldnt put the c-clip on the axle. so the only thing i can come up with is i ordered the wrong set or i ordered the right gear but someone had swapped the carrier before i got the car. the car is a GU2 car. the richmond gear is a 4.10 with a small dim. pinion and a very thick ring gear. the gear that came out of the car (as far as i know) was stock and a 2.73 i think with a fat dim pinion and a thin dim ring gear. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. i dont have any pics (SORRY!) but i can get some over the wkend
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm...d / Driveshaft you have a 2 series carrier. you must of ordered a 3 series carrier ring and pinion. theres also a spacer if you dont want to reorder another set of gears. you can get look at that site i gave you. there a sponser
Old 02-26-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

hope these help in identifying what you have

Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

ya, i forgot to say that id printed off those pics and took them over. we measured and fig i had a series 2 but my original gear look to be like a series 3 set, so **** idk. so i just ordered a ring spacer and see what happens