Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser axles and TA girdle w/stock 10 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Moser axles and TA girdle w/stock 10 bolt

Installing the Moser axles with ARP studs and the TA girdle onto my stock 10 bolt in a 2000 Pontiac T/A. I have a question about the rear end , while I was securing the ARP studs into the axle I just put the transmission in park and thought the axles would lock into place and allow me to tighten them into the axle . Should the axles lock or should they move with the car in park ? They moved slightly as I would tighten the stud so I'm going to have to do something different to secure them , probably use a air driven m-pact .

Old 03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

looks like you have a torsen carrier,which acts differently from a 'regular' posi.Even if you had an Auburn with cone clutches,you would still be able to,with enough torque,rotate the axles.Rearends are designed for torque input at the pinion,not at the axles.A car decelerating applies torque from the axles,at the same rate from both axles,to drive the pinion.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
looks like you have a torsen carrier,which acts differently from a 'regular' posi.Even if you had an Auburn with cone clutches,you would still be able to,with enough torque,rotate the axles.Rearends are designed for torque input at the pinion,not at the axles.A car decelerating applies torque from the axles,at the same rate from both axles,to drive the pinion.
Thanks , I thought something was broken or wrong with the rear .
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of throwing good money after bad but if it makes you happy.

Quick Reply: Moser axles and TA girdle w/stock 10 bolt