Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt gear change

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12 bolt gear change

hey guys i have a moser 12 bolt with 33 spline axles and 4.10 gears. now that ive switched to a th400 im taching 7grand about 10 feet before the traps so my question is. how can i get a numerically lower gear set in this thing? i know i may have to change carriers. id like to run a 3.42 or higher is there anyone that wants to do the opposite of me and trade?? lol wrong place to ask i know but just thought id get more input on what my options are here any help is much appreciated
thanks Jason
Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VIPER EATER
hey guys i have a moser 12 bolt with 33 spline axles and 4.10 gears. now that ive switched to a th400 im taching 7grand about 10 feet before the traps so my question is. how can i get a numerically lower gear set in this thing? i know i may have to change carriers. id like to run a 3.42 or higher is there anyone that wants to do the opposite of me and trade?? lol wrong place to ask i know but just thought id get more input on what my options are here any help is much appreciated
thanks Jason
If you can't find a trade let me know and I can set you up with the gears and a Eaton/Truetrac Positraction. We have them in stock and ready to ship.

Jeff
Old 03-19-2010, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

ok will do thank you
jason
Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

What diameter are your rear tires? That seems aweful high for 3.42's.

I ran 4.11's in my 9" and a TH400 and didnt rev that high. (Either that or you have a loose converter.)

If thats the case, you may want to look at something other than taller gears. Play with these calc to see whats up.

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/Tech...culators.asp#4

Originally Posted by VIPER EATER
thanks Jason