Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Queston on Rear-end Fluid??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Queston on Rear-end Fluid??

I have a 12 bolt rearend and with that i have auburn posi unit with 3:73 gears. I run AMSOIL in everything i own and is using the sever gear from amsoil bad for the clutchs in my auburn unit? one person said yes and others say not to worry so Im asking you guys to help me out and tell me if i should be running something else. also reading on AMSOIL website it states that with running severe gear synthetics with posi units there is no need to add there slip-lock which replaces the factory limited-slip fluid that you add with the gear oil. so what you guys think the amsoil still safe for my unit??
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

I have a stock 10 bolt and I was wondering the same thing, I have to do bearings in mine but I wanted to know what the best lube is to put in it when I'm done.
Amsoil is what I had in mind but a few of the guys i talked to up here say not to use it with the limited-slip
but the bottle says compatible with "MOST" limited-slips
Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Launching!

use amsoil sevear gear I researched it and that's what I'm using now just use that oil and it's blended in with slip lock which is lube for you limited slip and or posi. It's safe and it's great oil