Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Anyone in south Florida that can install/set up stock ring & pinion without noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone in south Florida that can install/set up stock ring & pinion without noise?

I am fed up with people who claim they can install a ring & pinion only to find out after they do it that there is whine, or the backlash is too tight etc. I even took my car to a GM dealer where they specialize in corvettes so I figured they would know what they are doing on my 02 T/A just to get the car back weeks later and it whines like a bitch. I took it back to them, complained, they put in a new gear set (the wrong ratio I might add they put in 3.73 after I gave them my vin # when the car came with 3.42) and now the whine is better but not gone and the backlash is so tight that it doesnt feel right. If the dam dealer doesnt know how to do this then I really dont know what to do.

I live in South FL (Broward) does anyone know of a shop that can actually install gears the first go around and have them be quiet and correctly set up?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firehawk PM me i can help you.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about someone in the Dayton, OH area that can do the same? My Strange 12-bolt has whined like a bitch from day one...this year, I'm finally tired of it.