Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 in Strange Making lots of noise Please help!!!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 in Strange Making lots of noise Please help!!!!!

Here goes, I've got a currie 9 in with a strange third member (Aluminum Case), currie axles 31 spline,the problem I'm having is there is a grinding noise comming from it, and lots of whinning. I took it to a local perfromance shop today. they found where the bearing race was improperly installed. So they installed a new strange bearing support all new bearing and races. came home installed it once again and guess what it's worse. Any Ideas Here's a list of what I did to trouble shoot
1 Removed driveshaft No vibration, then had it tested. it's good, (By the way it was new.)
2 Removed axles then ran without them ( still Noisey )
3 Installed new chrome moly yolks ( trans and rear Strange 1350 units)
4 After todays rebuild new pinion bearings, carrier bearings with races.
5 Castrol Non senthetic gear oil.
oh almost forgot, when I pulled the axles I checked them for straightness and inspected the splines, they look good as well.

OK when testing it again with using my hands. rotating the driveshaft, It feels like it has salt or some type of granual (salt sand etc, between the gears. Feels grity when turning it. but I cleaned it and recleaned before reinstalling it.
Does anybody have any ideas? I going to take it back to the shop tomorrow.
thanks for your time and consideration. Shane
Old 04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can Anyone help here ?

Search this Thread