Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 9" noise

I have two f bodys with 9". One is a MWC FAB 9" and my new one is a moser ( the one i'm having a problem with )unit with alum case, tru trac 31 spline,4.11s new strange CM drive shaft. ALL new suspension for drag.

My problem is when on hard acceleration at 80+ i'm getting a low groan from the rear, gradually gets a little louder as speed in creases. It runs fine , virtualy no noise otherwise and havent had any problems with the rear at normal driving speeds.

This has me concerned with taking it to the track so far.

ANY suggestions???
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by getusumws6
I have two f bodys with 9". One is a MWC FAB 9" and my new one is a moser ( the one i'm having a problem with )unit with alum case, tru trac 31 spline,4.11s new strange CM drive shaft. ALL new suspension for drag.

My problem is when on hard acceleration at 80+ i'm getting a low groan from the rear, gradually gets a little louder as speed in creases. It runs fine , virtualy no noise otherwise and havent had any problems with the rear at normal driving speeds.

This has me concerned with taking it to the track so far.

ANY suggestions???
I'd first check to make sure the torque arm bracket is not making any contact with the tunnel/floor area, which is very common. If the bracket is rubbing the floor, this can cause a vibration that can throw you off trying to figure out what it is. A prybar and a little nudging is all that is needed to pry the floors sheetmetal away from the bracket.
If you're absolutely certain that the torque arm bracket is not rubbing the floor, the next thing I would look into is making sure the pinion angle is set to around -2 degrees. I've seen this to be the cause of problems in the past, and it can throw you off. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website