Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Guys help me out here on a rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys help me out here on a rear

I have had enough with the rear in my car I've rebuilt it twice and after I ran it on the Dyno yesterday it's whining again,,, I don't have the money to do what I want and that is go with a 9", but for now (because of price and it is currently my DD) A guy up here has a 3.42 10 bolt from a 98+ that is suppose to be a 3 channel which is what I have...

What do I have to do to use this 98+ rear in my 94?
Can I unbolt the caliper brackets from both and swap them?
if I'm thinking right thats the only difference right?

The rear is actually 200 miles from me and I don't want to get down there and find out it wont work in my car
Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

I'm actually about to do this same thing to my buddy's car. Using my the rearend out of my 2000 TA to put in his 93 Camaro. Like you said, the only difference we noticed was that the calipers mount different and the emergency brake cable hooks up different. I believe you can unbolt the plates that the calipers bolt up to and switch them over. I'll double check everything when I go over there later. I just eyeballed it up before and that was a few weeks ago.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah OK
let me know what you come up with please
Thanks