Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ready to Buy Prebuilt 3rd Member (Vendors Please Come In)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ready to Buy Prebuilt 3rd Member (Vendors Please Come In)

I've got a Moser "Bolt In" 9 inch housing with 31 spline axles. My current third member is on its way out and I would like to buy a ready to install third member. Car is mostly stock with bolt ons and occasional nitrous. I would like to get a TrueTrac but if its cost prohibitive settling for TracLok is OK 3.50 gears Nodular Iron Housing.

The three I have been looking at are Moser, Strange, and Currie. From other online sites I've seen that Moser tends to be the least expensive, with Currie and Strange about the same. Do any of them carry warranties? What do you recommend and whats the price?

Thanks, I'd rather spend my money with a vendor than one of the big box guys.

Last edited by newtoLS1s; 06-23-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by newtoLS1s
I've got a Moser "Bolt In" 9 inch housing with 31 spline axles. My current third member is on its way out and I would like to buy a ready to install third member. Car is mostly stock with bolt ons and occasional nitrous. I would like to get a TrueTrac but if its cost prohibitive settling for TracLok is OK 3.50 gears Nodular Iron Housing.

The three I have been looking at are Moser, Strange, and Currie. From other online sites I've seen that Moser tends to be the least expensive, with Currie and Strange about the same. Do any of them carry warranties? What do you recommend and whats the price?

Thanks, I'd rather spend my money with a vendor than one of the big box guys.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-3M-...er-Section.htm

Check out my link above. Thanks. Bob

Warranty Information

moser_warrantyMoser Engineering, Inc. makes no warranty either expressed or implied, as to the quality or suitability of this product for any use, and Buyer assumes all risk and liability resulting from the use of the goods. Seller neither assumes nor authorizes any person to assume for Seller any other liability in connection with the sale or use of the goods sold, and there are no oral agreements or warranties collateral to or affecting the agreement. Included in said disclaimer are agreements or warranties collateral to or affecting the agreement. Included in said disclaimer is any service or remanufacturing performed by Moser Engineering, Inc. on any product.

REPLACEMENT POLICY
Moser Engineering, Inc. will, at its’ sole discretion replace or repair, free of cost, any part found not to be of ordered dimensional specifications, prior to assembly or use of the part.

In addition, Moser Engineering, Inc. will replace their 33, 35, & 40 spline axles for a period of ten (10) years after the original date of purchase if broken at the splined end due to excessive horsepower. However, 33 spline axles that were broken due to excessive horsepower will be replaced at the sole option of Moser Engineering, Inc., with 35 spline axles. In the event that 35 spline axles are broken due to excessive horsepower within ten (10) years of purchase, they will be replaced at the sole option of Moser Engineering, Inc., with 40 spline axles. If 40 spline axles are broken due to excessive horsepower, they will be replaced at the sole option of Moser Engineering, Inc with another set of 40 spline axles, free of charge.

This replacement policy only applies to the original purchaser and broken axles must be returned without alteration or repair, including welding, along with your proof of purchase, name, address, telephone number, and a description of the problem. This replacement policy applies only to asphalt drag race and typical street/strip applications. This replacement policy is not a warranty either expressed or implied.

This replacement policy is only applicable for parts manufactured by Moser Engineering, Inc. and have the “M/E” trademark and does not apply to parts damaged due to accident or collision, abuse, misuse, or improper installation or service.

In no event will Moser Engineering be responsible for damages including but not limited to down time, lost profits, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, loss of use, or cost of substituted products.

Buy Once, Race Forever
WARRANTY PROGRAM FOR CIRCLE TRACK FLOATER PRODUCTS

Moser Engineering is committed to producing the best product by utilizing superior design and engineering, and using the strongest American materials available. It is with this commitment and pursuit of product excellence, that we offer the first of its kind in the circle track rear end industry; an all-inclusive Lifetime Warranty program: Buy Once. Race Forever.

Moser Engineering will replace any of its’ circle track components due to manufacturing defect, or failure due to normal wear and use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the product for the lifetime of the product. A copy of the original invoice must be presented with the product in question for evaluation. Once evaluated, a determination will be made and the original purchaser will be notified in regards to the findings of the product evaluation. The Buy Once, Race Forever Lifetime Warranty Program does not cover product failure due to improper installation, product failure due to impact or collision, excessive wear parts (i.e. bearings, seals, etc), and is not transferable.

It is the commitment of all the employees at Moser Engineering to supply the best product, at an affordable price, in a timeframe conducive to a racer’s needs. The product we manufacturer represents the experience, knowledge, and hard work of the entire staff at Moser Engineering. We stand behind what we sell and the racers that use the best rear end components in circle track.

RETURN POLICY
If you receive a defective or incorrect part, contact us before returning it to us. Please put a note inside the box with your invoice number, name, address, phone number, and a description of the problem. Also, please display your invoice number on the outside of the returning package. This helps our receiving department process your return without delays.

The shipping charges on all returns must be prepaid. We do not accept any C.O.D.’s. After we inspect the parts, you will be reimbursed for the ground shipping charges if the fault is with Moser Engineering. If it is determined that Moser Engineering is not at fault, you may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Moser Engineering
102 Performance Drive
Portland, Indiana 47371

260-726-6689
Fax 260-726-4159

info@MoserEngineering.com

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob, the nodular true trac with 3.50 looks like just the ticket. I do many 200+mile hauls, would I gain much on the mpg side by dropping down to 3.25? Right now I have the yoke size that came on a stock nodular ford big bearing housing, is that a 1310? I guess could always just get a conversion joint that is Saginaw to 1350 and just get the 1350 yoke.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by newtoLS1s
Thanks Bob, the nodular true trac with 3.50 looks like just the ticket. I do many 200+mile hauls, would I gain much on the mpg side by dropping down to 3.25? Right now I have the yoke size that came on a stock nodular ford big bearing housing, is that a 1310? I guess could always just get a conversion joint that is Saginaw to 1350 and just get the 1350 yoke.
I don't think you would gain much in mpg with the 3.25 gears over the 3.50 gears.
More than likely it is a 1310 yoke in your center section. I would order the center section with the stronger 1350 yoke and use a conversion u joint. Eventually you may want (or need) to order a better driveshaft and the 1350 yoke is going to be what you're going to want. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Ready to Buy Prebuilt 3rd Member (Vendors Please Come In)