Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12bolt/BMR torque arm problems

Old 01-18-2004, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moser 12bolt/BMR torque arm problems

Is any using this combination. I installed a moser a few weeks ago and used the stock torque arm which fit fine. I just picked up a BMR and it won't fit without hitting the floor pan. It has two sets of mounting holes and looks like it would fit if the inner holes would work but the mount on the arm hits a rib on the axle so the inner holes won't line up either. Any suggestions or any one have the same problem?
Old 01-18-2004, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KAIR
Is any using this combination. I installed a moser a few weeks ago and used the stock torque arm which fit fine. I just picked up a BMR and it won't fit without hitting the floor pan. It has two sets of mounting holes and looks like it would fit if the inner holes would work but the mount on the arm hits a rib on the axle so the inner holes won't line up either. Any suggestions or any one have the same problem?
I ahd the same problem my torque arm was hitting the bolt for one of the rear seat belts. My solution was install a cage and remove the rear seatbelts and welded the holes shut. On my friends car we just went wth a smaller bolt for the seat belt. as far as it actually hitting the tunnel I have had no problems. How do you like your moser. I bought mine already assembled form them and it is honestly the biggest piece of **** I have ever bought. It leaks out of the pinion seal it whines extremely loud. If yours was assembled by them I would take it to a credible local race shop and have them check it out. Good luck if you have anymore questions PM me I have all of the BMR suspension parts so I've already gonr through all of the trial and error problems.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Which set of holes did you use? I also just notice I need an adj panhard rod because the axle is off a little in the direction I need to go. I bought my moser used with 3.42's and had a guy who worked for DTS install 4.11's. I have about 100 miles on it and have no noise's or leaks.I was told the other set of holes are for a 9inch but I don't know which holes I should be using. Our cars are setup pretty much the same, do you have and numbers without N2O
Old 01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Y2KAIR
Which set of holes did you use? I also just notice I need an adj panhard rod because the axle is off a little in the direction I need to go. I bought my moser used with 3.42's and had a guy who worked for DTS install 4.11's. I have about 100 miles on it and have no noise's or leaks.I was told the other set of holes are for a 9inch but I don't know which holes I should be using. Our cars are setup pretty much the same, do you have and numbers without N2O
im almost positive i used the outer holes on the bracket. had no problems with clearance anywhere. make sure you are setting the pinion down and not up. mine whines a little but will take serious abuse. and the adjus. phr helps for centering. mine was a little off so for 26x11.50 streets i needed it centered
Old 01-18-2004, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

I just went out and took off one end off my PR and used a rachet strap to pull the axle to dead center. It helped a little but it still hits. The car is lowered but its hits so bad that even at normal height it would hit.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

not sure what to tell you, you sure every thing is in right. i have plenty of clearance
Old 01-18-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JESSIE
I ahd the same problem my torque arm was hitting the bolt for one of the rear seat belts. My solution was install a cage and remove the rear seatbelts and welded the holes shut. On my friends car we just went wth a smaller bolt for the seat belt. as far as it actually hitting the tunnel I have had no problems. How do you like your moser. I bought mine already assembled form them and it is honestly the biggest piece of **** I have ever bought. It leaks out of the pinion seal it whines extremely loud. If yours was assembled by them I would take it to a credible local race shop and have them check it out. Good luck if you have anymore questions PM me I have all of the BMR suspension parts so I've already gonr through all of the trial and error problems.
DUDE you took the words right out of my Mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moser needs to repay us for the Crap rears they sold!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

I called BMR today and they said I need to use the inner holes because the moser is offset alittle. They said to grind a little off the mount and use the inners. They also said they are planning on making a mount just for the Moser 12/9inch. I notched it out and now it fits great.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

thats good to hear. wonder why mine fit just fine.

Search this Thread