Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

help with options for rear end

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with options for rear end

Alright well my rear end is on its last leg. I'm thinking about buying a new rear end. But id ont exactly know what options to get. It's a Moser 9" complete rear end assembly. It comes built to order.

Custom width a pinion offset? (Do I need to fill this out if i want it just like stock)

Spline count: 28, 31, 33 (spool only) (dumb question, what's a spool?), 35, 40 (spool only)

Stud type: a bunch of choices but I just want something that will fit stock wheels.

Brake manufacturer and model? (If I'm keeping stock brakes do I need to fill this out?)

4 channel ABS (47 tooth) is what I want for an 01 with tcs right?

Do I get fill and drain plugs installed for $70? Back brace installed for $140?

If you guys could please help me get the right stuff I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you need to fill out every thing on the order sheet or talk to Bob at BruteSpeed on this forum.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by garygnu
you need to fill out every thing on the order sheet or talk to Bob at BruteSpeed on this forum.
Thanks, I appreciate it

Check out this link, my prices include free shipping. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...c-Truetrac.htm

Custom width a pinion offset? (Do I need to fill this out if i want it just like stock)
No, and I don't offer it as an option on the late model F Body rears.

Spline count: 28, 31, 33 (spool only) (dumb question, what's a spool?), 35, 40 (spool only)
31 is what I would go with, along with the Trac-loc differential.

Stud type: a bunch of choices but I just want something that will fit stock wheels.
12mm short is what you need.

Brake manufacturer and model? (If I'm keeping stock brakes do I need to fill this out?)
Nope, on my rears they are automatically set up for stock brakes, unless someone tells me they're using something else.

4 channel ABS (47 tooth) is what I want for an 01 with tcs right?
Correct, if you have traction control you will want the 4 channel, and you have an option to either reuse your stock exciter rings or go with new ones.

Do I get fill and drain plugs installed for $70?
A fill plug is automatically included, the optional fill plug is easier to get to but is not necessary. A drain plug is a good idea in my opinion, in case you ever want to drain the rear it is much easier with a drain plug. Without a drain plug you'll have to pull the third member out.

Back brace installed for $140?
A back brace on a Moser 9 inch is not needed unless you plan on running deep into the 8's in the 1/4 mile.

You mentioned what is a spool? I have a link below that explains what a spool is, along with a lot of other information. Bob
https://www.brutespeed.com/rear_end_information.htm

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-25-2010, 12:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are needing a little help on rear end options and choices fill free to give me a call and I will talk with you and get you into something. We will do our best to match if not beat everyone's prices.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i priced a moser 9" shipped to my door for $1,504. Could you compete with that price?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 02f150
well i priced a moser 9" shipped to my door for $1,504. Could you compete with that price?
lol, that's a good price for a used one. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02f150
I do not have any used Moser nines laying around at this time to compete with used prices.

If you are in the market for something new please let me know.