Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest chasis 9" or Strange S60

Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest chasis 9" or Strange S60

I know i cant go wrong with either, Can some of you tell me the turnaround time. How was the customer service? Any other advice when buying from one of them i am looking to buy on friday.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my s60 through byunspeed and they told me the turnaround was 2-3 weeks and i got my rear shipped in a week and a half. I did not deal with strange directly but through a vendor but customer service was top notch. MWC has good customer service also but you will be dealing with them directly not through another company. Neither will leave you disappointed. You just have to weight the pros and cons...if I hadn't already had my umi torque arm and my duals set up for it I most likely would have gone with mwc 9"
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

If you want it quick that wont be mwc. But there is a reason it takes a little while for them to be built alot of ppl go with mwc, includeing myself. Great customer service. Also its nice that there rears comes with a torque arm. But i also added all mwc rear suspension and is all quality parts that are light in weight and at a good price.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 15,000 mile s60 for sale. 2,100 shipped to your door. 4:10 gears, trutrac, 35spline and chromoly axles.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Order either rear through MWC(they are a strange vendor). At the same time, you can get good discounts on other suspension parts and do everything at once; torque arm, panhard bar, LCA, rear end, driveshaft etc.

I'm gonna probably be ordering an S60 from MWC sometime during the holidays.

I was quoted at around the $3.4-3.5k range for a Strange S60, 4ch ABS, chromemoly yoke, PST 3.5" D/S, chromemoly LCA, chromemoly panhard bar, and chromemoly double adjustable torque arm.

Not a bad price considering everything you get with it. Your rear end is pretty much completely rebuilt minus shocks/springs.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ for that price you probly can get MWC rear. Unless you dont want the wait time or something. Either rear will hold up to what you can throw at it so you cant go wrong.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aetos
Order either rear through MWC(they are a strange vendor). At the same time, you can get good discounts on other suspension parts and do everything at once; torque arm, panhard bar, LCA, rear end, driveshaft etc.

I'm gonna probably be ordering an S60 from MWC sometime during the holidays.

I was quoted at around the $3.4-3.5k range for a Strange S60, 4ch ABS, chromemoly yoke, PST 3.5" D/S, chromemoly LCA, chromemoly panhard bar, and chromemoly double adjustable torque arm.

Not a bad price considering everything you get with it. Your rear end is pretty much completely rebuilt minus shocks/springs.
Although that price tag isn't for the faint of heart, considering all that's included (along with the top-notch quality), that isn't bad actually.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
^^^ for that price you probly can get MWC rear. Unless you dont want the wait time or something. Either rear will hold up to what you can throw at it so you cant go wrong.
the MWC with a driveshaft alone will be around 3.1k or so, but it does come with a torque arm.

Only thing I don't like too much with the 9" is to support any real power, you have to use a spool or locker. The 35 spline LSD on the S60 is proven to hold big power while still having a traditional working LSD. I don't feel like driving around with a spool or locker, but still want the peace of mind that my LSD won't blow up on me.

Originally Posted by squirts11
Although that price tag isn't for the faint of heart, considering all that's included (along with the top-notch quality), that isn't bad actually.
The price isn't really low, but for what you're getting it is. You're getting a pretty much bullet proof rear end with a traditional LSD that works well on the street, along with completely good quality new rear end suspension.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this things, so hopefully somebody with more knowhow comes in here, but this is pretty much what I've learned from my research.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

depending on what suspension you already have...like i said i already have an aftermarket torque arm..It might not be as strong as mwc but its good enough for 99% of the people on here so I opted out of the fab 9"...fwiw i got my s60 for 2650 shipped and that included a strange chromoly driveshaft

Search this Thread